The Chances for Children Foundation, a charity that sponsors orphaned Ugandan children in Kampala, has recently announced a date for its next event: “Magic, Music and More”.
To be held at the Monaco Yacht Club on 10th November from 7:30pm to 11:30pm, the fundraising event will welcome existing sponsors and members of the public for an evening of entertainment and refreshments. Guests are encouraged to dress in colourful, chic attire.
Why is the Event Being Held?
Recently, the house in which the orphans currently live was sold to new landlords, who have increased the building’s rent threefold. The orphanage therefore needs to be relocated to more affordable premises, in order to keep the children safe and together. As a lump sum is required up front, additional funding is crucial for this very reason.
Neil Henry, an up-and-coming magician in the UK, will wow guests with a magic show to get the party underway, followed by close-up magic shows throughout the night. And with music from DJ Max Avril, the resident DJ at Nikki Beach Saint Tropez, and Katharina Putska, electric violinist, guests are sure to be entertained with an eclectic selection of delights. A tombola will be held and will provide guests with the opportunity to win some great prizes, including a smartbox worth €500. Emma Kavuma, a Ugandan artist, was selected to have a few of his paintings in a silent auction. M. Kavuma is known for selling many remarkable paintings. Attendees will be able to sample African-style cuisine at the buffet, as well as wine and beer.
Online booking is now available. Tickets cost €75 per person, with the magic show, music, food and soft drinks* included in the price. There will only be 80-150 tickets available and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. After costs have been deducted, each and every euro raised will go to the children in Kampala.
The charity will be offering sponsorship packages for the event. Current sponsors include Currencies Direct, Club Vivanova, Riviera Wine Tours, and Colgans Brewery. Sponsors will benefit from the following:
– Sponsors’ logo will be added to all promotional material leading up to the event and on the day.
– Sponsors’ logo will be mentioned on the charity’s social media channels (Instagram and Facebook) leading up to the event and on the day.
– The event will be advertised on Riviera Radio What’s On Guide and sponsors will be mentioned (if permitted by the radio station).
– Sponsors are invited to bring brochures, flyers business cards and other promotional material to the event, as well as a team to promote their brand to the guests.
– The event will be publicized on the Chances for Children website and sponsors’ logos will be added to the C4C partners page.
– The chance to sponsor an event at the Monaco Yacht Club, one of the Riviera’s most illustrious venues.
– The charity is able to provide an invoice for relevant tax purposes.
For more information about the event, please contact Chances for Children on +33 658 222 182.
About Chances for Children
Chances for Children is a Monaco- and UK-registered charity. It is 100% responsible for supporting an orphanage with 56 children in Kampala, Uganda, between the ages of 5-15. These children have been rescued from slums, hospitals and other various poverty-stricken places.
Monaco charity registration: 9499Z17393
UK charity registration: 1171506
Ugandan NGO charity registration: 11189
*There will be 2 alcoholic drinks included with the ticket per person. More can be purchased on location.
All images courtesy Chances for Children
Leave a Reply