2017 is set to be another fantastic year for Congress events in Cannes.
With no less than thirteen world-class gatherings, including Cannes Film Festival, Cannes Lions and Cannes Yachting Festival, now’s the time to make your plans to visit the French Riviera.
Below are the essential details for all thirteen Cannes Congress events in 2017.
The world’s leading property market comes to Cannes in Spring.
Expect four days mingling with some of the most influential players in real estate. Benefit from networking and learning opportunities via various events, conferences and exhibition stands.
● Official website: MIPIM
● Dates: 14th to 17th March 2017 (4 days)
● Ticket price from: €1,720
● Accommodation: Cannes MIPIM apartments
Cannes Shopping Festival
Shop until you drop at the best shopping event on the French Riviera.
Fashion shows, photo shoots and filling your shopping bags with the latest and greatest designer get ups is the protocol for this long weekend.
Visit the official website for details on the programme and what’s in store.
● Official website: Cannes Shopping Festival (in French)
● Dates: 25th to 28th March 2017 (4 days)
● Ticket price from: Free
● Accommodation: Cannes Shopping Festival apartments
The spring’s largest global distribution market and leading TV & online content development event.
The world’s most successful distributors and buyers descend on Cannes this April for four days of networking with the leading players from the global entertainment industry.
● Official website: MIPTV
● Dates: 3rd to 6th April 2017 (4 days)
● Ticket price from: €975
● Accommodation: MIPTV Cannes apartments
Cannes Film Festival
Does it need any introduction? Cannes Film Festival is perhaps the most anticipated event on the Cannes Congress scene. 2017 will be the 70th edition of this prestigious gathering.
The lights, cameras and action, will be down on the Croisette as all eyes turn to the red carpet and those who walk upon it.
The reason for this event? To draw attention to and raise the profile of films with the aim of contributing towards the development of cinema, boosting the film industry worldwide and celebrating cinema at an international level.
● Official website: Cannes Film Festival
● Dates: 17th to 28th May 2017 (12 days)
● Ticket price from: Free (some by invitation only)
● Accommodation: Cannes Film Festival apartments
The international B2B music market. MIDEM is the acronym for Marché International du Disque et de l’Edition Musicale.
MIDEM provides the opportunity to forge connections, promote music at an international level, sign deals, discover upcoming trends, be inspired and celebrate talent.
Meet with record labels, publishers, artists, music tech companies and more.
● Official website: MIDEM
● Dates: 6th to 9th June 2017 (4 days)
● Ticket price from: €500
● Accommodation: MIDEM Cannes apartments
June brings one of the most creative events to the French Riviera.
Cannes Lions is an eight-day programme of creative inspiration, celebration, education and networking.
You’ll get to learn from speakers such as Eric Schmidt from Alphabet Inc (they own Google) and actor Rashida Jones.
The institution says “At Cannes Lions, we believe creativity is the driving force for business, for change and for good.”
● Official website: Cannes Lions
● Dates: 17th to 24th June 2017 (8 days)
● Ticket price from: €895
● Accommodation: Cannes Lions apartments
Cannes Yachting Festival
After a short break in July and August, Cannes Congress events start again in September with the Cannes Yachting Festival.
More than 50,000 visitors from around the world will come to Cannes for the 40th edition of the show. The festival is renowned for its boat premieres displayed in luxurious, elegant surroundings. See more than 600 boats presented on a total surface area of 310,000m2 in three exhibition spaces.
Whether you are in the market for a luxury yacht, or just want to browse, network and meet like-minded people, this is the show for you.
● Official website: Cannes Yachting Festival
● Dates: 12th to 17th September 2017 (6 days)
● Ticket price from: €18 per day
● Accommodation: Cannes Yachting Festival apartments
Régates Royales Cannes
In late September, the world famous Croisette will once again be centre stage of classic yachting with the Trophée Panerai.
A true armada of classic boats, including several centenarians, will line up for a unique gathering of competition, style and elegance. Just days after the closing Cannes Yachting Festival, Cannes will showcase some of the world’s most iconic classic yachts.
Visit Cannes for five days of racing in the spectacular setting of the îles de Lérins.
● Official website: Régates Royales Cannes
● Dates: 23rd to 30th September 2017 (8 days)
● Ticket price from: N/A
● Accommodation: Régates Royales Cannes apartments
Tax Free World Exhibition
The duty-free and travel retail global summit.
As well as an outstanding networking opportunity, TFWE presents global showcasing opportunities for premium brands. If you are a travel retail professionals, join us in Cannes for week long workshop for the entire industry.
View the latest product innovations from the industry’s leading suppliers and see breakthrough ideas by up-and-coming players.
● Official website: Tax Free World Exhibition
● Dates: 2nd to 7th October 2017 (6 days)
● Ticket price from: See website
● Accommodation: Tax Free World Exhibition Cannes apartments
MIPCOM is an acronym for ‘Marché International des Programmes de Communication’, English: International Market of Communications Programmes.
This annual event gathers the world’s most influential industry players for four days of meetings, screenings and conferences. Discover and screen the latest blockbuster programming and meet new partners at the year’s most anticipated global market for entertainment content.
Visit the website below to get the lowdown on the programme for 2017.
● Official website: MIPCOM
● Dates: 16th to 19th October 2017 (4 days)
● Ticket price from: See website
● Accommodation: MIPCOM Cannes apartments
Mare di Moda
European beachwear, underwear fabrics and accessories.
Okay so checking out beachwear in winter feels a bit strange. But what better way to get excited about summer holidays, and get motivated in the gym.
Come to Cannes to see a host of international beachwear and lingerie exhibitors. Visit the website below for full details.
● Official website: Mare di Moda
● Dates: 7th to 9th November 2017 (3 days)
● Ticket price from: Free
● Accommodation: Mare di Moda Cannes apartments
The international market for retail real estate.
MAPIC stands for ‘marché international professionnel de l’implantation commerciale et de la distribution’.
More than 8,000 attendees will head down to the Palais des Festivals for three days of networking, conferences and wandering around the exhibitions.
Developers, brokers and owners can meet and get down to business with emerging international retailers.
● Official website: MAPIC
● Dates: 16th to 18th November 2017 (3 days)
● Ticket price from: €1,480
● Accommodation: MAPIC Cannes apartments
International Luxury Travel Market
ILTM is a portfolio of global, regional and specialist luxury travel events.
The aim of this event is to introduce travel buyers from around the world with an outstanding collection of international travel experiences.
ILTM acts as a broker and platform for travel professionals to do business and build relationships.
● Official website: International Luxury Travel Market
● Dates: 5th to 8th December 2017 (4 days)
● Ticket price from: Apply via the website
● Accommodation: ILTM Cannes apartments
For more information on an of the Cannes Congress events or to book your accommodation, get in touch with Beauchamp Estates France.
Lead image by Copyleft (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0], via Wikimedia Commons; photo of Palais des Festivals courtesy MIPTV website
Leave a Reply