The 2018 edition of Nice Running Day incorporating the Semi-Marathon International de Nice takes place on Sunday 15th April, and registration is now open for all races.
Nice Running Day returns to the Promenade des Anglais this year, after its foray into the Stade Allianz Riviera last year. There are a number of different races on during the day including:
– 21.1km HOKA ONE ONE starting at 9am on the Promenade des Anglais. Registration €27. Will the existing records be broken this year? Bernard Koech holds the men’s record with a time of 59’57” set in 2012, and Edith Masai has the women’s record set back in 2001 with a time of 1h 07’53”
– 10km HOKA ONE ONE starting at 9am on the Promenade des Anglais. Registration €25
– La Niçoise HARIBO starting at 11:30am on the Promenade des Anglais. This now traditional 5km run raises funds for breast cancer research. €1 per entry will be donated to La Ligue contre le cancer. Registration €12
– The HARIBO Family run, a 2km run, starting at 12:30pm on the Promenade des Anglais. Registration €8 per adult, €4 per child. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult
– The HARIBO Teens Run – there are two races here, for 12/16 years (starting at 12.10pm, 3km distance, timed (medical certificate + parental authorization required)) and 10/11 years (starting at 12.30pm, 2km non-timed (parental authorization only required))
Please note that a medical certificate will be required to be submitted when you are registering for your chosen event.
There will be a Running Expo located on the Promenade des Anglais, opposite McDonald’s, which will feature a number of stands and displays dedicated to running. You will also have the chance to discover all the sponsors of Nice Running Day and ensure that you are equiped from head to toe for your race!
Race participants will also be able to collect their race number and t-shirt (where applicable) here.
The Running Expo will be open on Friday, 13th April: 2pm until 7pm, Saturday, 14th April: From 9am until 7pm, and Sunday, 15th April: From 7am (only for runners to collect race numbers)
Nice Running Day takes place on Sunday, 15th April. Don’t delay, sign up today!
All photos courtesy Nice Running Day, © Mouv-Up