Polo is back at Callian, beside the beautiful Lac St. Cassien – an ideal place for your pre-polo picnic and snooze in readiness for the fun to come!
As always the event will have that country feel with a touch of class, or is that the other way around? So what do you get? Good question, glad you asked. You get to watch polo!!
If that is not enough then there are artisan displays, stuff to keep the kids occupied when not transfixed by the ponies, a live band & DJ, a US style dinner (this needs to be booked and quick) plus other things such as polo demonstrations – a real opportunity to get up close and personal with the ponies and the riders!
Polo is an international sport, the players come from all parts of the world, some from as far away as Monaco, ok South America too which is a bit further on, as well as other countries not so well know for polo, like Russia. It attracts an international spectator crowd as well who are happy to mix and chat, this is a social event too, very much in the spirit of the game.
The timetable for the day, once you have woken refreshed from your lake side picnic, is as follows:-
– 5pm – Presentation of the polo teams, beginning of the tournament in which 4 teams
– In between times – quaffing of champagne or your beverage of choice!
– 7pm – Prize giving of the handsome trophy
– 7:30/8pm – American-style dinner
– All this followed by an after-party with a live DJ until the brink of dawn !
On the US themed menu – amuses-bouches, BBQ spare-ribs served with fries and salad, followed by a sweet surprise coming straight from America for dessert.
Tickets are now available and the prices are set out below. As tickets are limited, it is advisable to reserve yours now online!
– Adult entrance: 12€ (on the door 15€)
– Child entrance (-12yrs): Free
– Adult dinner: 60€ (entrance for the day included)
– Child dinner: 20€ (entrance for the day included)
And most importantly, Riviera Buzz will also be there, so if you want to talk, be introduced or just hang out with us, you know who to look for …. see you there!
For further information, you may contact Marie Méhaye on +33(0)6 16 13 39 89 (mobile) or by email.
Domaine de Pijaubert
La Basse Carpenée
All photographs © Mike Colquhoun