A stunning 17th century property, off the beaten track but still very accessible, awaits you in the beautiful Riviera dei Fiori in Liguria.
The property is located on a spectacular valley slope in the Montalto Ligure at 315 metres above sea level, above the courses of the rivers Carpesina and Argentina on the Ligurian Riviera of Flowers. The nearest town is Badalucco, which is 2 km away. It is a distance of 10 km to the coastal town of Arma di Taggia and the sea. Sanremo is approx. 21 km to the west and Imperia 30 km to the east. The region of Liguria borders with France 45 km to the west. Monaco is approx. 61km, the Côte d’Azur approx. 65 km and Nice International Airport only 85 km away.
To the north, the countryside of the foothills merges with the Alpes Maritimes. The nearest ski area is less than 100 km away in bordering Piemont. The regions of Lombardy (Lake Maggiore, Lake Como and Lake Lugano etc.) and Emilia-Romagna (Po Delta and world famous specialities from Parma) are approx. 150 km from Montalto. The Cinque Terre National Park and Tuscany are approx. 250 km away.
Last, but not least, you have the Riviera of Flowers on your doorstep, where one beguiling beauty spot follows another (Menton, San Lorenzo al Mare, Lagueglia, Bordighera, Alassio, Finale Ligure) on a globally unique, maritime string of pearls. In an authentic village setting, taken straight from an Italian picture book and in a uniquely scenic, but very central, location in the never ending spring of the Riviera dei Fiori, lies a charming domicile which is eminently suitable for lovers of fine art and exclusive Mediterranean décor.
The historic 17th century house has been lovingly restored by an internationally acclaimed artist and an experienced German property developer. Their aim was to create a “house of art”, well off the tourist trail while still easily accessible from anywhere in Europe, and to fuse the authentic spirits of the medieval walls, Italian lifestyle, contemporary living comfort, the natural setting of the “Monti e Mare – Mountains and the Sea” and art as a living environment.
The property was completed in 2007 and has been occupied by the original creators since then. Look forward to discovering this unique 193m² bi-level living experience with timeless design and a unique ambience. Enjoy the incomparably mild and sunny microclimate of the Riviera of Flowers, breathtaking views, overwhelming silence; direct access to unspoilt nature and the sea, only 10 km away, with one of the very few sand beaches on the Costa Ponente.
Discover one of the most attractive properties in the region. Ideal as a holiday home, second home or main residence it provides the best things in life, constantly increasing value and, if required, a profitable vacation rental property.
Medieval meets Modern
• Completely restored in 2006, artistically created, 8 room 17th Century house in a beguiling natural location on the Riviera of Flowers
• Spectacular valley slope location, directly overlooking the courses of the Carpesina and Argentina rivers from the in highest and best location of the medieval village of Montalto Ligure (pop. 350)
• 7 m² easterly oriented balcony with unobstructable valley views, directly adjoined to the living-dining area on the lower level
• 18m² east-south-west oriented terrace with unobstructable panoramic views directly adjoined to the upper level living room.
• Ceiling heights of up to 5 m
• Spacious kitchen-cum-living-room
• Open, antique fireplace featuring bricked in Michelangelo-Relief “Madonna of the Stairs” (A high quality reproduction created by utilising a negative mould of the original)
• Tuscan style stove in the upper level living room
• Two living rooms or large living-dining area on the lower level
• Living room with library/office on the upper level
• 4 Bed/Guest/Children’s rooms
• 1 Studio (could be used as a Bed/Guest/Children’s room if required)
• Large bathroom with free standing “bateau” bathtub and fresco paintings by the artist owner
• Guest shower room
• Partly new, partly antique doors, new flooring – partly tiled, partly parquet, new roof, new ceilings, new windows, new electrical wiring installation, new sanitary installation, new central heating with alternative energy recovery (wood pellet oven)
• Restored façade
• 18 m² cellar
• Fittings and/or artwork may be acquired from the owners, if so desired.
For further information, or to arrange an appointment to view this property, please contact Peggy Peters and her team in TERRA ITALIA on +39 0184 206 925, or send them an email on email@example.com. A virtual tour of the property is also available.
Price: €450,000 – Ref: AT 242
All images courtesy and © TERRA ITALIA
Leave a Reply